Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Throw me somethin' mister!!!

Happy Mardi Gras!!! Last weekend we went over to Shreveport for the annual Mardi Gras parade. They have a groovy spot just for families right off of Clyde Fant Parkway (meaning no crazies or drunks!) We took Emily, Amber and Hayley with us too! It turned out to be a beautiful day!! The kids had fun just being outside and enjoying a very spring like day while waiting for the parade to begin. We caught lots of goodies...beads, cups, and stuffed animals. Sure helps to have a little one in your arms. Erin was "given" lots of cheesy stuffed animals. We then headed to my moms for some yummy southern shrimp gumbo and of course King cakes. Here are quite a few pics. of our day at the parade.


All decked out in our mardi gras best!!!

Erin teaching grandpa the correct way to eat an oreo



Amber & I passed the time painting our nails....purple & green of course

Ryan tried to teach Grandma & Julie how to ride the Ripstick....they still need work


Erin bonding with her new uncle-to-be!


The future Mr. & Mrs. Burton

Check out our loot!


Throw me somethin' mister!

4 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Becky said...

One of these years we are gonna have to try that out with y'all.
That is exciting that your sister is getting married! I'm jealous that you were all outside without coats on. I miss warm weather right now.

Stephanie Johnson said...

I never knew that Mardi Gras could be so fun. I'm tempted to go to that parade next year. The loot they all got is amazing!!!

Teryl said...

Okay, next year our family is totally doing mardi gras. Just let me know when and where, and we are there!!!