Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Fever!!!


We have totally had summer fever around here for weeks and I'm so glad it is finally here. It has been a busy couple of weeks! School is finally out! The kids celebrated with class parties, award ceremonies and the annual treasure hunt on the last day of school. We have also been able to enjoy the fruits of our labors with our garden. Pictured are the yummy "salmonella free" cherry tomatoes that Erin eats like candy. Our blackberry bush also did very well this year. We were even able to save enough for a blackberry cobbler while still eating them right off the bush. The kids love to pick and eat them. I tried roma tomatoes as well this year in hopes of being able to make garden fresh salsa but I'm not so sure they are going to make it. We'll see. I love the summertime ~the sun, swimming, popsicles, fruit, late nights outside and the chance I feel it gives me to slow down. My goal this summer is to take the advice in Elder Ballards talk 'Daughters of God' given by author Anna Quindlen which is to not rush past the fleeting moments....live in the moment....not be in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed...treasure the doing a little more and getting it done a little less.

1 comment:

Gifford Family said...

I love the summer also, there is always so much to do and never enough time to do it. I need to remember and slow down also.