Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Emma

My Emma finally learned to ride her bike last week!! She is so proud of herself! Emma has always been a late bloomer.....she didn't walk or get her first tooth until she was 15months old and she still hasn't even lost her first tooth! In fact, she would go around singing "all I want for Christmas is to LOSE my two front teeth" Maybe this will be her year. She has been terrified of taking off the training wheels. We finally talked her into it or bribed her - whatever you wanna call it. She now dwarfs her bike so we told her it would be a piece of cake since she would be so close to the ground. After much practice she has gotten really good at it. I am so impressed at her perseverance. She would get so frustrated....she fell quite a few times and has many bruises on her little legs to prove it but each time she would get right back up and keep trying till she got it! The riding part was easy to nail...it was the starting, stopping & steering that were a challenge. There was one day at the park I saw her just sitting on the sidewalk next to her bike - after a few minutes she got back on and was cruising at full speed around the park. She had the biggest grin. She told me it was because she said a little prayer that she could learn to ride her bike. She is such a great little example to me.

8 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Emma is just adorable. I was surprised to see my Dallin in the picture too! :) Thanks for all you do in watching my kids for me every week when I teach cub scouts!

Anonymous said...

Children truly are the example we need to follow. Tell her that I was 12 when I first rode my bike. I was a scooter kind of gal. Because you can't crash as easy on a scooter. But my dad said I needed to learn so I could fit into the phrase "It's like riding a bike..."

Julie said...

oh, shelley emma is getting so big. i'm so proud of her. we are over at grandma vera's showing her how to get on line and see all of you girls blogspot. I can't believe she will be 8 years old this year. can't wait til mardi gras.love,mom

Becky said...

Wow! Emma already looks so different. Is her hair really that long? I always see her with short hair. Tell her good job from me.

David said...

You rock, Emma!

Sandy Hartman said...

Congratulations to Emma.

Gifford Family said...

Great job! What a cutie Emma is.

Kimberly said...

Good job Emma. Come on up and ride around with Joseph. He's looking for someone to ride bikes with.