How cute are those two? After reading Dave's comment on my last post - the see ya next year one- I decided that I usually wait for something groovy or big to happen to feel it blog worthy but I'm thinkin' our life is pretty simple and boring and you really might be waiting for quite some time, so here's to the small and simple things....like FHE for instance. The last few months were particularly crazy busy for our fam and we kinda slacked off but with the new year here it is our goal to get back on track spending one night a week really enjoying each other and learning gospel principles! We are striving for persistance not perfection in this area and are having fun doing it. For Family Home Evening this week Seth was in charge of the lesson. He taught us the importance of putting on the "whole armour of God" from Ephesians 6:11. He did such a great job! He came up with all of the props himself which the girls loved.
He also shared a clever object lesson that I hadn't seen before. All you need is 2 oranges and a bowl of water. The orange represented a person with the 'armor of God' - the peel is the armor. Place the orange in the water and it will float. Take the 2nd orange and peel it. Each piece of the peel is something that separates us from God...not saying our prayers, scripture reading etc.. As you place the peeled orange in the water you will see it sinks. Moral of the lesson: We are lifted up and protected when we dress ourselves in the armor of God. We can rise above the trials that come our way with His help. He will not let us sink when we do our part.
I love how many resources are so readily available to us with the internet and am amazed that my kids really know how to navigate their way around the web - sometimes better than me! And to think that when I had a project, mom had to actually drive me to the public library to use their encyclopedias!

2 comments:
Look at you miss thang! I love the new blog look. Seth did do a great job. He is an awesome kid.
What a fun FHE lesson! I may have to still his object lesson. What a great idea. Glad to see that you are back to blogging. I love seeing what you guys are all up to. We don't see you enough!
Post a Comment