Monday, January 28, 2008

President Hinkley

I so loved President Hinkley.....I was sad to hear of his passing yet happy to know that he will be reunited with his sweet wife and has found rest after a life full of service. He was truly the prophet of "my"day. I have always loved and appreciated his great sense of humor and his enthusiasm for the gospel. I am grateful for his inspiring words to always be a little better and stand a little taller, that we not be satisfied with mediocre. There is so much the Lord stands willing to bless us with if we but do our part. I love his concern and faith in the youth. I love the way that I felt after he spoke. That 'I can do this' attitude. President Hinckley was an amazingly humble and loving prophet. He had the ability to make us all feel like a very close friend, even if we never had the opportunity to meet face to face. What an amazing legacy.....

2 comments:

Gifford Family said...

These are my sentiments (sp?) exactly. I will always have a spot in my heart for Pres. Hinkley.

Kimberly said...

Do you have approval to use a copyrighted image. :)