Friday, September 19, 2008

Chasing Cars...

If you have ever been to our house then you will be familiar with Erin's way of saying goodbye. She likes to "chase" any visitors down the street as they are leaving. I took this the other day as she was returning from a chase. Remember she is only 2 and therefore likes to dress herself. So never mind the pink t-shirt, emma's size 6 tinkerbell undies, red socks, & the hair that just never got brushed this particular day. Totally ghetto I know, but hey she is my little miss independent and she is Happy! Her little ritual reminds me of the McClellan wave.......the McClellans waving goodbye will continue to wave or just hold up their hand till you are no longer in sight - and those in the car also continue waving till no longer in sight - however long that may be! Grandpa Mac & Uncle Bruce are pros at this and it has been a fun little tradition that is now part of our family.
In other new around here, If you haven't heard I am now a crossing guard for the Allen ISD. It is a great little part time job that doesn't take much time away from my family - about 1 1/2 a day. This morning as I was at my corner I got bit by a yappy little dog! Enough to even break a little skin through my jeans. Crazy dog! That wasn't in the job description. I have been scared of getting hit by some car but never attacked by a puppy.
Today is also Seth's Birthday....so we are off to celebrate! I'm sure I'll post more later. I still can't believe I have a 10 year old.

8 comments:

Amber said...

lucky little girl can wear even the most miss-matched clothes and still look cute! And I love that she chases me goodbye! The only positive part of leaving ;) haha

Stephanie Johnson said...

I think you took that picture when I was leaving your house! :) Alexa loves playing with Erin.

I can't believe a dog bit you. That's so not cool.

Happy birthday to Seth. He's such a good, nice boy!!

Becky said...

I love that Erin likes to chase people away in her underwear. It IS totally ghetto.
So, you realize that Texas has some pretty harsh dog bite laws. The owner could go to jail over it if you wanted to persue it. I would probably just tell the owner not to bring the dog around me ever again. I'm sorry you got bit.
Tell Seth Happy Birthday from us. We are sad that we don't get to help celebrate.

Gifford Family said...

That is so much like Ivy! She always looks like an orphan. I feel like I need to let her have some choices in her life so if it means huge undies and mismatched socks... so be it!

Good luck with the part time job! I hope it gets better than dog bites! OUCH!

Tell Seth happy Birthday. I hope you guys end up doing something fun!

Kimberly said...

As you can see, the only quiet time I have around here is late at night. We do check in on your blogs all the time, though, but rarely leave a comment. So, ditto on all that's been said. (okay, so late at night, I can't really think for myself.) Hope you are all having fun. We miss you!

Crystal said...

Happy B-day Seth! That's funny about Erin's outfit! Did you kick the dog?? Just another reason why I don't like dogs.

Blacker Blog said...

Just can't keep busy enough, huh? You have to go and get another job?

David said...

Erin is a cute little girl, Kate. How far did the dog fly when you kicked it?? Just kidding. Maybe not, little dogs like that sometimes need to be put in their place. Uh oh, I shouldn't say that when two of my sisters have little dogs!