Monday, October 27, 2008

Week(s) in Review..

The last couple of weeks have just been crazy busy! Here is just a sampling of the past couple of weeks....


Brent & Laura are finally here! We are so happy to have a little more family here in Texas! They are just about 20 mins. away so not too bad. Brent was out of town this last week training so Laura and I got down to buisness and started painting! In just 2 days, we were able to tackle the family room, entry and Annabeth's room and it looks awesome if I do say so myself.


I have survived work this last week. We had a 2:30am newline night at Gymboree and somehow my measly little 2 shifts, 8 hours a week turned into 36 hours for a 2 week pay period!


We also made it through the primary program this Sunday with only a few setbacks....we had one kiddo throw up on the back row. The kiddos around him were great just all scooting down and continued on despite the smell. He left and cleaned himself up and returned to do his part. His sweet grandpa cleaned it up and apoligized saying it was his fault because they had a sleepover the night before and he prob. gave him too much junkfood. Isn't that what grandparents are for? Honestly, I didn't know that it had even happened until after the program so hopefully no one else noticed either. I am just glad it is all over! They did a great job as well as our presidency. I feel very blessed to work with such amazing, smart and talented women! My favorite part of the program would prob. be our closing song. It was 'A Child's Prayer'. The kids sang the first verse and the congregation the second and then with everyone singing together. Amazing!


Seth and Ryan went to the BYU vs. TCU game in Fort Worth. It turned out to be an extremely long night and without reward! They lost 32-7!!! Seth just enjoyed being out with dad. One thing that I do think is pretty cool is that when BYU is on the road they put on a fireside for the youth the night before the game. Ryan took Seth with him. I think Ryan was just as excited to see "real" football players as Seth was. They spoke on being disciples of Christ. The icing on the cake was to meet a few players after as well as Coach Mendenhall who Ryan has great admiration for. Seth even got a few of their autographs....in fact there were even a few kids that asked for Ryans autograph. Guess they thought the big & tall guy must be a player. As you can imagine Ryan was flattered.



Here are a few of the signatures Seth got. Notice Bronco's at the top!

4 comments:

Gifford Family said...

Sounds like you have been busy! I did not know you worked at Gymboree! What a fun place to work. Their kids clothes are darling. Glad your primary program went well, we had ours the week before conference. It went well except for Ivy escaping David and coming on the stand and then crying when Austin told her to go sit down! Oh well :)

Crystal said...

The primary program was great. Why didn't you ask me to watch Erin during your busy work period?? I still owe you!!!

Becky said...

I hope you and Laura used No VOC paint for baby Annabeth's room. Well, for all the rooms actually.
It sounds like you are having lots of fun. I'm sure Brian will be glad to hear that he missed the barfing incident in the primary program.
How was Time Out? Did you go?

Laura said...

What the heck does VOC mean? Oh well-I think Erin's fingers in Annabeth's mouth has really strengthened her immune system. J/k! THanks for all the help! WE love being so close to you guys.