
So when our summer harvest of vegetables was over we decided to try our hand at our very own pumpkin patch in hopes of carving a home grown pumpkin this year. We purchased a pack of seeds for $2.75 and got busy planting. Each day Ryan and Erin went out and watered and took such good care of our little patch. The plants grew and grew covering a whole corner of our yard. We thought things were going well. We saw lots of yellow blossoms but they just never turned into pumpkins!!! When it was all said and done this is all we had..........

Three
little pumpkins! That was it! I was at the grocery store the other day and they had similar size pumkins priced at 78 cents! I could have bought three for a grand total of $2.34 meaning cheaper than the seeds. So you would think that we wasted alot of time, money & energy on this little experiment and honestly we probably won't try again next year but Erin sure did love going out each night with daddy to check on "her" pumpkin and water it. So I guess it wasn't all bad but we aren't cut out to be farmers that's for sure!
6 comments:
Hey at least you ended up with one for each kid. It sounds like Erin is quite the gardener. Wasn't she the one who grew cherry tomatoes with Ryan.
Well, you know what they say. Practice makes perfect. I bet next year you could at least break even on the endeavor and Erin would learn more gardening skills. But I don't blame you for not trying again. I kill all plants that I touch. It is sad.
How much fun is that? I wish we had done that. Maybe next year.
I am not the farmer. I leave that to Casey. He actually did a really good garden this year.(no help from me) He grew acorn squash and I kept laughing at him til I saw that we had over 12 in our garden. So keep it up and don't let anything get you down.
I guess 3 small ones are better than none at all (which is what I had!) Our pumpkin plants all died before we got any pumpkins!
Nothing in my garden has ever turned out either (at least in Texas). Maybe you'll get more right after Thanksgiving, that way it'll be perfect timing.
Post a Comment