Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Greek to Me!

Seth had his AIM night this last week. The third graders have been learning all about Greek Mythology. This is him all decked out "greekish". They got to show off all they had been working on including this blue god and a book he wrote about his own greek god who he named Quakeidias - he was known for causing destructions on earth through earthquakes when the inhabitants broke the laws he set, namely not playing football on Football Day. He did a great job!

So this is my first attempt ever at Baklava and I think it turned out pretty darn good! It has never been a favorite of mine but I actually liked it! I was a bit vain and hung around the food table to see how others thought it tasted and the reviews were all great! Vain, I know! - they were gone the fastest though.....

The kids also made lots of crafts to sell in the greek agora (market). Here are Seth and Emma trying to barter for some visors they made. All of the proceeds went to the local animal shelter.
Here are most of his AIM group. Seth has now decided to be a "greek guy" for Halloween this year! Smart boy!

10 comments:

David said...

Hey! Seth looks like an original Archimedes! That sounds like that was a lot of fun.

Crystal said...

Looks like fun. I've never had Baklava before. I'm not sure I'd like it but I'm glad everyone else did.

Kimberly said...

What a fun way to learn mythology. . .wish I did it that way.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Seth looks authentic. Awesome!qky

Becky said...

I can vouch that your baklava was great! Seth looked good too! Glad that sheet could find a good use and a new home. Looks like everyone had fun.

Teryl said...

Okay, I love baklava, but I have never made it before. Would you be willing to share your recipe?

Amber said...

well if Baklava tastes anything as cool as the word sounds---I'm sure its great! :)

Gifford Family said...

How fun! What a great activity. I can not believe how big your kids are getting... and it was not that long ago that I saw them!

Brossettelewis said...

I'd hang out and watch to get reviews (ok I have). Good boy for Seth to want to be a greek man for Halloween.

Brossettelewis said...

Can you give me the Hardy's (Justin) email? I occasionally stalk them after visiting you and they've gone private.