Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cupcakes Anyone?

The kids were really into April Fools Day yesterday! In fact, Emma got her teacher pretty good. Her teacher told me that she came in class all serious yesterday telling her that she had to get the staples put back in her head. Her teacher totally believed her and was giving her sympathy when she said Emma's face got all red and she just burst out giggling "April Fools!" Mandy had sent me some fun food pranks to play on the kids so I couldn't resist tricking them. These are actually little meatloafs with mashed potatoes on top! They were so funny to watch! They weren't even suprised that I let them have a 'cupcake' before dinner. Seth was totally gagging! Ya know how you expect a certain taste...well it wasn't sweet! But they actually tasted very good and once the kids settled down & knew what they were, they ate them all up!



In other news around here.....Last week Ryan celebrated his 34th Birthday!!!! We didn't do too much...fun dinners, his usual cookie cake and since the driving range was closed - we just putted around in the PGA Superstore and checked out his "dream" golf clubs. He is saving all of his $$ up for this new set.....Who knows maybe sometime this year he could finally get them. Golf is definitly an expensive sport!

5 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

That's a good one! I love the cupcakes. If I had tried that on Dallin, he likely would have thrown up. :p It's fun hearing of good April Fool jokes!

Crystal said...

I can't wait until Douglas is old enough to do those kind of things.

Becky said...

Hilarious! You will have to post that recipe for the rest of us to have. What other fun food pranks do you have? Too bad I can't celebrate April Fools.

Amber said...

Too bad I missed that one! :) I love meatloaf cakes--haha no but really....very clever! I was lame! I didn't even have anyone to prank!

Gifford Family said...

Yuck I hate meatloaf almost as much as I hate April Fools. I know I am such a scrooge, but it is one of those holidays we teachers hate! However, I am so glad you all had a great day. Happy Birthday Ryan!