Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter

So what's wrong with this Easter picture? Are you wondering why we were having an egg hunt in the dark or maybe where are the pretty matching dresses? Well - there's a story alright! We were in the middle of a nice Easter dinner when we hear a scream. The kids had finished up and were looking out the window spying Easter eggs when Emma fell off the arm of the couch and hit her head on the fireplace at Emily's. We didn't realize how bad it was till we noticed blood all on her hands. We turned her around and she was covered with blood. That new Easter dress was soaked! It was a little scary but I have to admit that I think my experience with my own stitches just a few weeks ago made me a bit more prepared and calm - well at least to some degree! After sitting in the ER for more than a half hour without even being checked in - Becky gave us the name of an InstaCare place still open in McKinney and there was no wait! They were wonderful! The gash in the back of her head was quite a doozy! She needed 8 staples! Yep, they look just like regular staples on her little head. She was SO BRAVE! We were so proud of her! It was hard to watch them just do it. She thought she had stitches till much later. We didn't wanna freak her out! But she did have me take a picture of them so she could see them. I didn't think you all would want to see them so no picture attached. She is great now and thinks they are pretty cool! So we made it back just in time for a late egg hunt and oh yeah - thanks to Emily, that new Easter dress is all clean again! And I think Emma has learned to sit properly on furniture....

6 comments:

Becky said...

I bet that gash will leave a mark. I still want to see it. Maybe I will come over and check it out. I never dared look at my own staples so I am curious what it looks like. I'm glad that Instacare worked out. We will never go anywhere else. They just don't seem to be busy like the other ones and they can handle just about anything! I'm glad the dress was saves as she did look so pretty in it at church with her hair done all nice. You will have to recreate the look so she can get an "easter" picture.

Crystal said...

Becky told me about that. Kuddos to you and Emma for staying calm and not freaking out!!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Crazy experience! I need the info for the Instacare (hopefully I won't have to use it). I hope everything heals properly. Happy (late) Easter!

Gifford Family said...

Yikes! I am a big baby when it comes to my kids getting hurt. I think you should post the picture, everyone loves a good gruesome picture! Hope all is well now.

Robert & Heather Stephenson said...

Ouch Emma! DId they have to shave her hair off to see the cut? Hopefully next Easter will be better.

Teresa said...

Hey, your Aunt Angie gave me your blog adress. I love your blog and now we can keep in touch better.