Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh what do we do in the summertime......

Swim in the pool.....

The kids are getting more and more brave in the water this summer. Especially the girls. This day we were at the Frosts and Emma started out terrified of jumping off the diving board but by the end she was doing trick after trick!

Seth can't wait till we are in Utah and gets to swim every day at Grandpa & Grandma Mac's

Even my little Erin who just turned 3 last month became quite the little dare devil! She too started of terrified of just swimming in a floatie and thanks to some one-on-one swim time with aunt Emily she came around. Yes that is her just jumping off the side with nothing but a floatie. The little girls were so cute counting to 3 and jumping over and over and over......


By the end of the afternoon she too was jumping off the diving board!!!

Boating on Lake Lavon....

Thanks to the Pedersen's we enjoyed a very hot Texas day on the lake! The kids tried lots of new things! Although totally terrified we got Emma out to try skiing and I was impressed with her squat-skiing! She did a great job!

Yes, that is me! Up on a wakeboard! Growing up we went skiing quite a bit but wakeboarding was a lot different. I was not used to having my legs bound together. Anyway I was just glad that I finally got up with the great instructions by coach Greg!


I wish I could say the same for Ryan!! He so tried but just couldn't get up! He was in the water alot! We were both so sore the next day...guess we aren't as young as we think.

Although Seth had a few traumatic experiences in the water (he tried to get up on the wakeboard and skiis but took in a bit too much of the lake) he loved the tubes!

So did Ryan and I! Greg showed no mercy...

Erin loved riding in the boat

Texas Thunderstorms......
We have had quite a few big storms this spring/summer. This one came very unexpectantly. We have a nice long storage closet under the stairs that the kids have dubbed the Harry Potter room that is our storm shelter. I came in to check on the kiddos after listening to the weather reports and found them snuggling together and trying to take their minds off the storms by reading. I have to admit that is long as there is no damage I absolutely love thunderstorms!

3 comments:

Mel said...

it looks like y'all are keeping busy. that's awesome that you got up on the wakeboard. the picture of seth in the pool is funny. it looks like he's going crazy in the water.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Fun, fun! The boating/wakeboarding looks like a blast. Did they own a boat or did they rent it? I've been wanting to try that this summer.

Becky said...

Awesome! How about some pics of the new place? Remember that we haven't seen it all decorated McClellan style yet.
It is good to keep busy in the Summer. Especially when that includes getting pedicures and going boating and chilling in the swimming pool! Life is good!