Monday, February 18, 2008

Missouri

Grandma Smith with all of her grandkids
The great-grandkids practicing their song

Last week we made an unplanned visit to Missouri to attend Ryan's Grandpa's funeral. Grandpa Smith passed away at the age of 82. We were grateful for the opportunity to be just a days drive away so that we could all attend to honor his life. As sad as funerals can be they are also an unexpected family reunion. It was so good to visit with all of our family there. The funeral was a beautiful service and I learned alot that I didn't know about Grandpa Smith. What a wonderful man he was. Grandma even had some of the older great-grandkids sing 'I am a Child of God'. They did an amazing job! We are so blessed to have such wonderful family members!

1 comment:

Gifford Family said...

The kids did such a great job!