Saturday, February 23, 2008
Stitches!!
You would think by the title that one of the kids got stitches - well it was actually me! I'm 30 yrs. old and had never had stitches till yesterday! Notice no pictures attached....it's not very pretty! I have 8 stitches on the side of my hand. How? Well, I was just about to make some lunch for Erin and we decided on tamales. (yes, the kind that come in the can but hey they sounded good - I have been told that this was my first mistake - never to eat tamales out of a can). We have such a terrible can opener and honestly I have been putting off getting a new one because Emily was having a Pampered Chef party and the only thing I REALLY wanted was their groovy can opener. Well in my attempt to open the can I pulled out the spoon to kinda pry it open since my can opener didn't do its job right. As I pulled - the lid flew right up and sliced the side of my hand. I could tell right away that it needed stitches and thankfully Emily was on her lunch break and ran right over to take me up to the ER where Ryan met me. After a 2 hour wait I was all taken care of. Another friend, Tresa showed up at the hospital and took me home and cleaned up the blood off the floor for me. What good friends! I will admit I have a really weak stomach and almost passed out while they were actually stitching me up but I survived. The funny part was the first thing the nurse said to me after checking me out was "You really need to get one of those Pampered Chef can openers!" How ironic! I think I was a pretty good spokesperson at the party last night for why you need their can opener. It cuts below the can edge, leaving no sharp edges - right up my alley! At least I am now current with my Tetnus shot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Shelley, this is a very sad but kinda funny story. Only cuz the nurse was telling you to get the can opener that you were going to buy that night anyway. And by the way, the can opener doesn't actually cut the can at all. It unseals it so that there is no cut edge at all. Too bad Emily's party wasn't last week.
Poor Shelley! At least you made it this long before needing stiches. Hopefully no more for you.
Wow! So you bled alot? I've never had stitches either, well except for after labor but does that count? You should have called me and I would have taken Erin.
At least you didn't slice through a disgusting mink foot with a razor blade before you attacked your hand. I hope you're feeling better. Seriously though the only tamales you should eat are the ones the little girls sell out of the Walmart parking lot. I hear those are the best!
I am sorry! I have never had stitches either. (I had better knock on wood!) Hope you heal fast! Enjoy your new can opener.
Sorry to hear about your injury - you're definitely not the first one to cut themselves on a can lid.
Get yourself that PC one as soon as you can. The $18 will be much less expensive than another emergency room visit ;)
p.s. just to clarify, the PC can opener does actually cut... it just does so in an unusual place, as to not leave a sharp can or can lid. They're great!
owiee! I would have passed out....I'm sorry you had stitches.
Oh man that is not good! I'm glad you survived! Be careful the next time you open a can.
Post a Comment